Washtenaw Success by 6 Great Start Collaborative is a network of service providers, parents, educators, business leaders and community representatives who work together to provide a single system supporting young children and their parents. Our work includes providing services for parents, training and support for childcare providers, and system help for the agencies and programs working to serve families and young children. This work is supported by the Michigan Department of Education's Office of Great Start and by our four local core sponsors: Washtenaw Intermediate School District, Washtenaw County of Michigan, Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation and United Way of WashtenawÂ County.
Mission: That every child in Washtenaw County enters school ready to succeed.
Vision: To ensure that every Washtenaw County family has access to a comprehensive and collaborative system of community-based early childhood programs, services and supports.
Core Values:Â The Leadership Commission of Washtenaw Success by 6 Great Start Collaborative is committed to:
- Decision making based on outcome data and continuous improvement involving families and community partners.
- A focus on outcomes rather than of agency methods or practices.
- Mutual respect for the mission, vision, values and capacity of each participating agency.
- Frequent and sustained communication among participating agencies, funders and community partners.
- Collaboration, sharing, efficient use of resources and agency methods and best practices.
These materials were developed under a grant awarded by the Michigan Department of Education.
A family-centered approach to delivering services that views the family as an active part of decision making and community services.
Strengthening community services through a holistic rather than a gap filling approach. Effective and user friendly service delivery that is culturally responsive and respectful of differences.